Saturday, July 30, 2011

Jenny's wedding: Better late than never!

No, Jenny, that is NOT in reference to the fact that you were engaged so long before you got married.  Sheesh!  Don't be so sensitive!  Good thing Jenny doesn't read this blog or she might be pissed about that.  whew!

The title of this blog is referring to the fact that Jenny Chen got married on July 3rd and I am writing about it here in India about a month late.  Whoopsidasies.  You know how I do.  Actually, I'm usually ridiculously nerdy about getting things done on time/REALLY early.  For some reason blog writing doesn't fit the same pattern.

This story begins about 4 1/2 years ago when Jenny Chen got engaged.  We were all uber excited to find out that Jenny had found true love and were ready to see her get hitched.  Some of us were not prepared for Jenny to "settle down"so soon (*cough cough JUJ).  We all know how much of a player participator Jenny is and if you DON'T know Jenny Chen, see picture below as photo evidence:

Yes, Jenny likesa the twins!  ooooh daaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!

Jenny ain't cheap! 
I was very honored that Jenny chose to have me as a part of her big day.  I was one of her 3 bridesmaids.  The others were Juj and Lexi.

For some reason this is the only pic I have of me with Juj and Lexi.  They're on the left of me.
I found one!  Yeah!

Ok enough background!  On to the story.  The fun started when Juj and I met up in NYC for a bit to buy her shoes.  I guess that wasn't that fun but we also went out for Tex Mex the same day and THAT was where the real fun began.  I miss Tex Mex almost as much as I miss Juj.  :(  Unfortunately, I'm so used to Isaac taking pictures, I didn't even bring a camera to take pictures of this encounter but you can imagine what it was like.

This is NOT us in NY but someone at this club actually had a camera (thanks kath!) so here's a pic of me and Juj.

For Jenny's bachelorette party Lexi graciously offered to let us destroy, I mean stay in, her house. We had a great time eating cake and chatting about things like tea.





mmm cake!
Jenny truly was a "survivor" of her bachelorette party.  I wasn't sure if she would make it all the way through but I got her this Reba McEntire cd which really helped.


 After the party I was in one of my moods to make an ass out of myself so we hit the clubs:

Everyone should stretch if they aren't used to bustin' a move.  You could really pull a muscle.  Here's the proper form.  


Here's me clearing the dance floor with my Hammer Time move.  Oh wait, did I say clearing the dance floor?  I meant here's me GETTING THIS PARTY STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!


Katie and Rose!  Gorgeous!

Lexi and Rose love to take boob to boob pictures
extreme closeups are awesome.





After the bachelorette party we all managed to recover nicely and Lexi was even able to make my hair look halfway decent.  Here are some more pics of Jenny looking gorgeous on her big day.


We clean up nice......sometimes......
Double wedding?  Yes please!

Hooray for old married people!  







Yay!  I have friends!





And they lived happily ever after..........................

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment