Saturday, March 6, 2010

Gone Fishin' - 2010 Mekong Classic

First things first, then onto the fishing!

I have a pretty tried and true method when it comes to hair cuts. I try to only pay for one haircut a year...or less. The last haircut I paid for was a day before my wedding in June. So what does that mean? My hair was out of control. I needed a new do before we hit the lake to fish.

Enter my beautiful wife turned barber, Becky. While it would be easy to just give it a buzz all the way around, we were a bit more ambitious. Becky decided to give me a style that would really help shape my face.

I think she did a great job. Don't you?

Now onto the fishing!

The 3rd annual Mekong Classic was this Saturday at a small lake here in Thailand (so not really Mekong at all). Becky did this last year and I have been pretty excited about it since then knowing I would get to go this year.

I am going to let the pictures pretty much speak for themselves. It was incredible, sometimes taking 20 minutes or more to real these monsters in.


We literally walked up, I grabbed a pole and reeled this little guy in.

Yes, that is the same haircut. Business up front. Party in the back.

Actually the last fish that Becky caught. She finally decided to pick this one up.

Good thing I've been getting to the gym lately.

A little bit bigger now, but...
Becky with a big one now!

Some team work is needed. This was about 10 minutes in and the fish might have been further out that when she started.

The reward was worth the work though.

A 60kilo/130lb MONSTER...That weighs more than Becky!

This is just another reason to come visit us in Thailand.

Love,

Isaac and Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment