Saturday, November 21, 2009

Wine and Cheese

Taking a note from the Korea book, Becky and I along with our friends Kirk and Julie decided to import a wine tasting/judging and cheese party. The idea is that everyone brings two bottles of the same wine. Everybody samples each disguised bottle and rates them. The person who brings the wine with the best rating wins all the second bottles of wine.

Of course, part of the fun of an event like this is the dress up. I decided to break out the ascot. I liked it so much, I think I may just try to bring it back. My friend Ryan said that I would bring the ascot back to prominence the same year the Aggies win a football national conference. I was going to tell him to shut up, but he went to Cal and I am pretty sure I can't talk smack for a few more years due to the beating we took from them in the Holiday Bowl in 2005. Dang it. Becky looked stunning in her bridesmaids dress from Katie and Scott's wedding. Getting our moneys worth!

Becky and I selected a nice Argentinian wine that we had with dinner one night because we thought it was nice. We also bought some Carefour (think WalMart) brand cheap sparkling white wine as kind of a joke, hoping to pull the upset. I am happy to report that the cheap walmart wine came in two spots from the bottom...right ahead of the other wine we bought. Thats right friends, we didn't get last place, and we are proud of that. Next to last is still not last. That is the message we try to instill in our kids at school. Strive for not last.

Sigh, there's always next year.

Isaac
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment