Friday, May 24, 2013

Why Becky Rocks.

#1. She encourages me to golf. Maybe she just wants me out of the house. Or, perhaps she enjoys hearing the shot by shot recap she is greeted with upon my return from 18 holes. All I know is that she has purchased several golf related gifts for me over the years. Sunday was one of those encouraging days, though not encouraging in terms of my golf game. Some boys (Kevin, Justin and Ted) and I hit Delhi Golf Club before the sweltering 115 degree heat hit.

#2. She is flexible with her plans. After golf, Becky and Kevin's wife, Tahireh, planned to make us lunch while we watched the Rangers-Tigers baseball game. (Kevin and Justin are from Michigan.)

#3. She makes me food.

#2. (continued) We finished our round a little early and were going to head over to Kevin and Tahireh's. Justin remembered that the internet was much better at my apartment and thus we would have a better game watching experience. Did Becky complain? No way, she told us to enjoy the game while she and Tahireh finished the lasagna. Wow.

#4. She is sneaky. You have to get up pretty early in the morning to surprise this guy. Well, Becky got up about three weeks early on this one. After watching the Rangers destroy the Tigers (Whoop), Kevin, Justin and I headed over to meet the ladies for a thoughtfully prepared lunch. I led the way and open the door to an apartment full of people yelling at me. This mostly confused me. And then confused me even more when they all yelled surprise again when Kevin stuck his head over my frozen shoulders. 



#5. She is really good at being excited. It didn't take me long to find Becky behind the lens of our camera  with a huge grin on her face. She kept people laughing and eating a huge spread of food the entire afternoon.

#6. She uses golf and Ranger baseball as mechanisms to get me to a surprise party. Sometimes getting people to a surprise party involves all sorts of convoluted, un-fun plans. In this case, I would have called it just about a perfect Sunday without the party!

#7. She throws a fun party. The Kevin and Isaac b-day bash was a game party. Boulderdash. Catch Phrase. Cranium. Wii Mario Kart. And my personal favorite of the day, Wii NBA Jam! 

Drew dominating Mario Kart.
Cake break between games.
#8. She supports my facial hair. Twice this year I grew a moustache. That should never happen, but she puts up with it, and that is pretty cool. The purpose of this particular stache was to support our outgoing Head of School at AES, Bob Hetzel. All the men of AES grew beards (or something resembling that in my case) and then shaved them into a moustache on the night of our annual staff farewell party. Operation Bobstaccio was a rousing success. *Reason 8 is mostly to explain why Kevin and I have moustaches in these pictures. Not that an explanation is necessary.*


#9. She had this made.


#10. She is super hot. Even though this could have been #1, it is pretty great that it didn't have to show up until #10. 

Thank you Becky and Tahireh for a great surprise party.

No comments:

Post a Comment