Thursday, February 3, 2011

Yooooouuuuuuuu, your room is on fire.

Here is a reference for the title of this blog in case you need it.

I was teaching my grade 8 English class yesterday when all of the sudden, a student gasped, shouted something unintelligible and pointed out the window in the back of the classroom.  "What is it," I asked them as I made my way to see what all the commotion was about.  I was greeted with this.


The beginning.

The middle.
The end.
I immediately sent all my kids to the office so that they could alert the principals and sound the fire alarm.  Considering how contained the fire was, and that the entire school is made of concrete, I was not too concerned.  I stayed in the room and waited for the fire extinguisher to be brought in.

The school was evacuated, though.  We have had probably five accidental fire drills this year, so at least we finally had a real one this time.

2 comments:

  1. did you take all these pictures before or after you sent your students to the office?

    ReplyDelete